Square Enix has released a new introduction trailer for Final Fantasy XV in anticipation of its launch on November 29th. The trailer informs players of all the details they will need for their journey through the expansive and war torn world of Eos. Highlights of this introductory trailer are the four main players, real-time combat system, summons and spells, and the story arc. When players download they will receive a “Crown Update” automatically; complete with new features and updates.
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battles
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
For some fans Final Fantasy XV had an unauthorized early release and they were able to play the game, as well as post some gameplay online. Game Director Hajime Tabata issued the following statement to fans regarding this situation:
“The November 29th release date is approaching and I sincerely hope everyone enjoys this game with a fresh state of mind. Unfortunately, there has been an unauthorized distribution of the boxed edition of Final Fantasy XV in select regions and we have noticed that gameplay footage from people playing these copies has appeared online. Though this type of situation is brought on by various region specific circumstances and may not be something that is completely avoidable, we are very regretful of this situation.
One of the major goals of Final Fantasy XV is for everyone to enjoy the story and to discover the surprises together through the simultaneous worldwide release. Due to these recent events, videos with unexpected spoilers could potentially be posted online, so we would like to warn everyone who has been waiting in anticipation for this game.
We will also do everything in our capacity to prevent unauthorized footage from appearing online. We would also like to ask anybody that has obtained an early copy of the game to be respectful to those that are looking forward to the official release and to not spoil the surprises for everyone.
A large and dedicated team have worked extremely hard to make this game and to create a Final Fantasy that everyone can enjoy. It would be a huge regret for us if the excitement of the launch was to be spoiled for so many when we are so close to release.
Your understanding and cooperation would be much appreciated so we can celebrate the best possible release together.”
Check out the trailer below:
Final Fantasy XV will be available on November 29 for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. A Season Pass is also available through the Xbox Games Store and PlayStation Store for $24.99, granting players access to future downloadable digital content and special rewards unique to each console.